Atosa USA MBF8005 52-Inch Two Door Upright Refrigerator - Energy Star Rated
Atosa USA MBF8005 Series Stainless Steel 52-Inch Two Door Upright Refrigerator - Energy Star Rated
Most households and even businesses that are involved in the food and beverage industry have their own refrigerators as well as freezers. Moreover, they are often used. Thus, there is no doubt as to why it makes a huge percentage in our electricity bill. However, there is a need to know that there are certain brands that runs efficiently and those are the ones with an Energy Star. It has been said that they are 40% more efficient as compared to others due to so many reasons that would be further discussed in this article.
Energy Star is a program by the EPA or the Environmental Protection Agency of the U.S. It is a voluntary program aiming to help not only businesses but also individuals to save money while protecting the climate by purchasing energy efficient products and appliances. Therefore, the commercial freezers and refrigerators with it are considered more energy efficient as compared to the standard models of such appliances.
Acquiring it is not that easy as the standard set by the U.S. EPA’s program are strict and so, manufacturers needed to put in much effort, dedication and thought in coming up with ideas and designs that makes their product indeed energy efficient.
Energy Star Freezer and Refrigerators are 40% More Efficient
What are the products that are eligible and ineligible for the Energy Star program? Eligible products are those with mixed solid, transparent and solid door freezers and refrigerators. It may also include reach-in, pass-through, roll-in units, undercounter, direct draw and beer-dispensing units as well as milk, bottle and back bar coolers and merchandisers. As for the ineligible products, it includes prep tables, drawer cabinets, deli cases, laboratory-grade equipment, open-air units and freezer/ refrigerator combination units.
What makes Energy Star Freezers and Refrigerators 40% more efficient? It has fans with variable speed. The variable speed technology has been known to help consumers save energy. Fans with variable speed means that its operating speed varies automatically, depending on certain conditions. Moreover, the airflow in the freezer and refrigerators varies in the change in speed while the drop in air pressure depends on the speed change’s square. On the other hand, the power of the fan depends on the speed change’s cube. Thus, variable speed in fans is important, as there would be times when utilizing the full capacity of the motor is not needed and we all know that producing more than what it needed would only be a waste.
Energy Star Freezer and Refrigerator has ECM. It has been said that refrigerators and freezers with ECM or Electronically Commutated Motors uses 50-70% less energy as compared to those with shaded pole and PSC motors. FSTC or the Food Service Technology Center has even done their own tests to prove this claim. With the existence of the ECM, one would be able to run the appliance’s motor at a lower speed, which of course uses lesser energy. Considering such things, there is no wonder as to why it has it.
It has anti-sweat heaters. Energy Star Freezer and Refrigerators also have anti-sweat heaters that were created to reduce condensation while preventing fogging at the same time. As you know, condensation leads to ice build-up and frosting in the door gaskets, electrical raceways and even mullion chambers. Thus, as condensation is reduce, one would be able to spare their freezers and refrigerators from it. On the other hand, as fogging is removed, one would be able to see its content including food and beverages clearly.
Aside from those 3 things, there are other reasons as to why it is energy efficient. It includes it having an improved design of coil as well as fan blade, high efficiency compressors, improved gaskets and insulation, interior lighting that is efficient, cabinet temperatures that are uniform, reduced output of heat and extended lifetime of the product.
There are also 8 CFS categories for equipment. This includes griddles, holding cabinets for hot food, ovens, fryers, steamers, ice machines, dishwashers, and freezers and refrigerator. Aside from that, there is a need to know that when the kitchen utilizes only certified Energy Star, then they could save 360 MBtu/year and when it is converted into cash, it would be around $5,000 in a year. Considering this savings on energy, one would be able to prevent the annual emissions of greenhouse gas for about 42,000 pounds annually.
Atosa Energy Star Refrigerator and Freezers Qualify for Rebates
In addition, aside from the fact that the U.S EPA was the one who have set the strict guidelines for Energy Star products, third parties have also certified its performance based on testing that were performed by a laboratory that was recognized by EPA. Thus, it has been considered as the baseline for certifications, credits and other rating programs.
How much can you save from Energy Star Freezers and Refrigerators? There have also been estimates provided regarding the cost as well as energy a person can save from such models. For the commercial freezers, it has been said that it can help a person have an annual savings of $200- $430 while saving 2,000-4,000 kWh in a year with a lifetime savings of $2,000-$4,300. Now, when it comes to commercial refrigerators, it allows a person to have an annual savings amounting from $90-$100 while saving 880-1,000 kWh in a year with $900-$1,000 lifetime savings. This estimate is based on the 4% discount rate as well as 12-year life. Moreover, the actual savings one could get from using it would depend on its use. Incentives ranging from $25-$1,000 are also available.
It is indeed a fact that there are a lot of expenses these days and earning money is not that simple. Therefore, selecting products that would help you save money is also practical. However, the fact that the things that we purchase with our hard-earned money can also affect the environment should also not be left out. Thus, it is truly a wise decision to go with Energy Star products for that way you are not only saving money and the environment but you are also getting an efficient product that would last for a long time.
Atosa USA MBF8005 52-Inch Refrigerator
- The Next Generation of commercial refrigerators offers a quality product at an exceptional value, that help operators of commercial kitchens and restaurants realize better bottom line results. Featuring a combination of distinctive American styling and sturdy construction for day-to-day use. Priced right, the unit is loaded with features to accent your restaurant or kitchen.
- The unit is an entry mid to mid level refrigerator featuring advanced European and Japanese technologies and parts. The condensers are from Denmark, controllers from Italy and EBM fan motors from Germany.
- The Energy Star Rated product provides less energy consumption when compared to conventional commercial refrigerators and freezers. All fridges and freezers feature Zero Ozone Depletion potential insulation.
- The refrigerator utilizes a patented Embraco compressors which consume less energy and need less raw materials to be manufactured, while maintaining the quality that is Embraco hallmark.
- The units Dixell digital temperature controllers feature the latest generation of microprocessors.
- Top mount compressor units. Exterior and interior stainless steel construction. Self-closing and stay open door. Efficient refrigeration system. Round corner design. Recessed door handle. Standard safety door lock. Magnetic door gaskets. Pre-installed castors. Pre-installed shelves. 155lbs loading capacity per shelf.
- Engineered to ensure better food preservation in the hottest, most extreme commercial restaurant and kitchen environments.
- Intertek ETL Listed and NSF compliant to North American product safety standards and required sanitation standards. All the electronic parts are CE certified.
- Heavy duty, AISI high grade stainless steel interior and exterior. Better corrosion resistance than cheaper regular stainless steel refrigerators.
- Two year parts and labor warranty. Five year compressor warranty.
Atosa MBF8005 Top Mount Compressor 43.2 cu. ft. refrigerator
ATOSA MBF8005 REFRIGERATOR UNIT FEATURES
ATOSA MBF8005 REFRIGERATOR UNIT SPECIFICATIONS
81.3(h) x 51.7(w) x 31.7(d) Inches.